Nexus Community Partners is a non-profit organization based in St. Paul, Minnesota, that works with the local community to build stronger socio-economic relationships, especially for people of color who belong to the community.
By developing such relationships, Nexus Community Partners help the community to become stronger, more just, and more equitable. The non-profit organization engages communities through wealth generation and ownership projects, leadership training, and community development and learning.
Nexus Community Partners need to communicate with a large audience. They also need to reach out to other communities, to create and develop relationships that will help people of color in gaining opportunities. Because of these needs, Nexus Community Partners utilize Salesforce and Mailchimp for task management and audience communication, respectively.
How Nexus Community Partners use Salesforce and Mailchimp is fairly straightforward.
Salesforce is their main management software for task handling, as Salesforce has a calendar function as well as task tabs with customizable notifications. Through Salesforce, Nexus Community Partners can track records, whether for individuals or groups, and view their progress in real time.
Meanwhile, Mailchimp handles the bulk of Nexus Community Partners’ communications management. Using Mailchimp’s user-friendly templates, Nexus Community Partners are able to disseminate communications to various audience groups. Mailchimp gives them the freedom to segment their audiences according to their needs, so that their messages are received by the right people.
The challenge that Nexus Community Partners face in terms of data management is getting Salesforce and Mailchimp to work together. Salesforce is efficient in handling tasks and events, and Mailchimp greatly improves efforts to connect with segmented demographics. It would be far more effective, however, for both software to work with each other.
Finding a solution to this issue will save Nexus Community Partners a great deal of day-to-day tedium, as it’ll eliminate manual data entry.
Nexus Community Partners found their answer in SyncApps. They’re able to sync up Salesforce data with Mailchimp for audience segmentation, and because the Salesforce-to-Mailchimp integration is bi-directional, Nexus Community Partners can import directories into Salesforce for better event and task management.
- Enable Marketing Lists to segment records into different Groups under Mailchimp Audiences. These Groups are used as recipients for specific Mailchimp Campaigns.
- Enable the “Unsubscribe opted-out Contacts, Leads…” option so that opt-outs from CRM will be reflected automatically in Mailchimp records, removing the records from that Group rather than manually removing them.
- Use the “Delete Converted Leads” option to automatically manage the Lead records that converted to Person Accounts.
- Utilize the Campaign Response feature to track the Marketing Metrics back to CRM records from Mailchimp Campaigns. This streamlines detailed marketing information back to Salesforce.
- When a subscriber in Mailchimp updates their Mailchimp Profile, the changes will automatically sync back to Salesforce record to update and alert Sales teams.
- Segment specific CRM Lists to Mailchimp Groups to run specific Campaigns per Group for better targeted marketing.